Corporate F&B USA market
Reports to: F&B Dept.
Head Department: F&B Department
Reporting to the F&B Dept. Head, the Corporate F&B is responsible for supervising the overall F&B operation by conducting regular inspections on board MSC vessels. In order to achieve the highest results in terms of passengers satisfaction and on board revenue, ensures that Company guidelines and F&B product instructions are respected.
The F&B Product & Project Department includes several units where the yearly product and strategy are designed, coordinated with other areas of the business, communicated to the personnel on board for execution and verified by Corporate F&B. The main units are the following:
- Food (Corporate Chefs and P&P Managers)
- Beverage (P&P Managers)
- Dining Services
- Corporate F&B
- Marketing and Communication
- F&B Orders
- F&B Procurement
The management key objectives are:
- Product delivery
- Passengers satisfaction
- Budget control
- Enhance overall on board revenue
- In line with the F&B Dept. guidelines and according to F&B manuals, supervises and verifies the overall F&B product on board the vessels reporting product anomalies and suggesting resolution actions.
- Works proactively with the P&P Managers supporting them in creating the F&B product/manuals.
- Monitors the F&B product implementation on board ensuring that the overall product delivery exceeds passengers expectations (regular audits and inspections on board).
- In case of anomalies notifies non-conformities to the on board management and seeks for immediate corrective actions while always providing feedback to the P&P Dpt. by using the approved report (Observations and non-compliance).
- Assures that all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and consistently utilized (regular audits and inspections on board).
- Ensures implementation of new projects, according to the Company’s instructions.
- Monitors all F&B costs related to the ship assigned and is responsible for the related F&B revenue.
- Analyses on board revenue results and suggests actions to improve quality and profits.
- Verifies comment forms results related to the ship assigned and provides feedback to
the F&B Dept., suggesting solutions and improvement areas.
- Acts in respect of the defined targets assigned by the Management and ensures their achievement.
- Responsible for overall operations connected to the ship’s assigned, oversees many aspects ensuring shipping operations flow smoothly.
- Suggests, when necessary, purchases on the local market.
- Verifies ship’s inventory and monitors that all par levels related to the F&B operation are maintained.
- Manages “special F&B requests” referred to special preparations/diets or medical request, usually sent from the Operations Dpt.
- Verifies F&B products embarking operations and coordinates port operations (i.e. issues related to forklifts, porterage etc…).
- Verifies that all F&B products and tools are in place ensuring that product quality and service standards are met.
- Checks the loading plan with the Planning Dpt. suggesting improvements.
- Verifies that IT tools are correctly used by the on board personnel and provides feedback to the IT/Product & Project Offices.
- Supports P&P managers and Corporate Chefs in training on board personnel in MSC ITC offices (Bar Managers, Executive Chefs, F&B managers and Maître d’hotel) making sure they are properly trained on quality and service standards and have the product knowledge needed to carry out their job functions.
- Checks the on board implementation of food safety standards, as per Company’s guidelines.
Job-Requirements: skills, competencies, experience
- Diploma in F&B Management or equivalent.
- Certificate or diploma in food safety or HACCP.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, in positions of high responsibility in the food & beverage sectors, with USA guests.
- Extended experience in managing F&B Operations.
- Vast knowledge of shipping industry.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to support peers on board.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Planning & organizing skills.
- Computer literate with MS Office applications.
- Fluent English. Any additional language is an advantage.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: MSC-TALENT@CTI-USA.COM