Reports To: Chief Butcher
Job Summary: Handles and prepares butcher department products for service to passengers and crew according to the established company’s menus and recipes.
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance.
- Act as a company ambassador for food waste by creating minimal food waste when preparing any product.
- Ensure Guest Satisfaction Scores are met pertaining to meat portions, quality, or general butchery.
- Production of all butchery products made and served onboard according to company standards and recipes.
- Checking quality and quantity of items ordered from stores are received and stored in proper condition according to USPH procedures and thereafter used in the proper way according to standard recipes.
- Proper food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards.
- Proper use of all equipment and utensils to prevent damage or undue maintenance.
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair to Chief Butcher.
- Follows guidelines and instructions as established by the Chief Butcher.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Good listening skills and able to follow instructions.
- Shows initiative in performing culinary tasks.
- Asks questions if tasks are unclear.
- Team player
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in a 5 star+ hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position.
- Experience in high volume operation of at least 100 meals per service.
- Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred.
- Extensive kitchen machinery and knife safety knowledge.
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak English.
- Preferred: Degree from accredited culinary college or university.
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.