Senior Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for the oversight of all shipboard credit card processing, balancing and transmission, keeping track of Sailor folios, ensuing Sailors have a valid credit card linked to their folio, cash handling, auditing POS transactions for all revenue areas, performing casino balancing and audits, posting onboard credits, auditing sailor amenities, supervising and double checking the Night Auditor’s work, assisting the Business Office Director as needed.
The Senior Business Analyst’s responsibilities include creating and maintaining the credit card file, ensure daily credit card file batches are sent for approval, ensuring there is a valid credit card linked to all Sailors’ folios, checking the Open Balance list, auditing the POS system, verify that the POS matches the PMS and that there are no discrepancies, handling Sailors’ cash deposits and turning it in to the Business Office Director as needed, daily auditing and balancing of the Casino revenue and reporting the results to the Business Office Director, post and balance both refundable and non-refundable credits on Sailors’ folios, auditing the Night Auditor’s checklist and reports to ensure accuracy, reviewing the Crew Open Balance list to avoid overspending including Concession crew, ensure all prepaid amenities are charged correctly by the corresponding departments and to the corresponding GL account, move all suspense account checks/charges to their corresponding GL accounts, ensure that the sop and polices are being followed where applicable, follow up on Sailors’ folio inquiries if needed.
A successful Senior Business Analyst combines excellent analytical and auditing skills to ensure that the Sailors’ folios and invoices have a valid Method of Payment linked to them. (S)He will also ensure that the credit card files are sent out for incremental approvals as needed on a daily basis. (S) He will supervise, audit and nurture the Night Auditor. The ideal candidate will possess strong auditing and analytical skills, and be familiar with credit card approval portals, and preferably have MXP experience.
What You’ll Be Up to:
- Oversees the credit card processing and approval onboard.
- Conducts audits of the POS and PMS to ensure balancing
- Balances and Audits the daily Casino revenue.
- Tracks and reports daily revenue trending to SLT.
- Supervises the Night Auditor.
- Reconciles his cash daily to ensure it balances to the PMS prior to surrendering it to the Business Operations Director.
- Ensures that the Credit Card settlement file portal totals match MXP prior to assigning it to the Business Operations Manager for final approval.
- Keeps the Business Operations Director abreast of important issues that affect the operations.
- Ensures that Concession crew, not paid onboard, have a valid method of payment for their onboard folio.
- Performs Casino float audit when assigned by the Business Operations Director.
- Ensures the correct taxes are applied for the corresponding itinerary.
- Possesses the ability to be a self-starter and self-motivator.
- Is an excellent leader who leads by example.
- Other job duties as assigned
Super Powers Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred, or
- 5+ years’ experience as a Senior Auditor, Financial Accountant or similar on Cruise Ships.
- Experience in credit card batch processing and handling.
- Experience with MXP
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to function with flexible working hours.
- Cash handling experience.
This position will have supervisory responsibilities.
- Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
- Exposure to computer screens.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
What Matters to Us:
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.” The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.