Department: Hotel Department
Primary Function: Handles and prepares bakery department products for service to passengers and crew according to the established company’s menus and recipes.
Reports To: Chief Baker
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance.
- Act as a company ambassador for food waste by creating minimal food waste when preparing
- Ensure Guest Satisfaction Scores are met for food ratings specific to bakery items.
- Preparation of all bakery items in assigned department according to company standards and
- Proper food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards.
- Proper use of all equipment and utensils to prevent damage or undue maintenance.
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair to Chief Baker.
- Responsible for reading, and following instructions of any semi-made products.
- Follows guidelines and instructions as established by the Chief Baker.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Good listening skills and able to follow instructions.
- Shows initiative in performing culinary tasks.
- Asks questions if tasks are unclear.
- Team player
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in a 5 star+ hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the
functions of a similar position.
- Experience in high volume operation of at least 100 meals per service.
- Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP
- Extensive kitchen machinery and knife safety knowledge.
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak English.
- Preferred: Degree from accredited culinary college or university.
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.