Reports To: Production Stage Manager
- Operate the main theater audio system including PA, monitors, amplification, and vocal/instrument reinforcement.
- Manage the Audio Technician. Provide knowledge, assistance, and mentorship to staff working the audio installations in other venues around the ship.
- Ensure that “life” of the mix is foremost and that qualitative decisions are based on the needs of the performance with input from entertainment management.
- Ensure that the mix of a branded production stays consistent to the original sound design. Walk the house frequently during rehearsals to ensure the ideal mix throughout.
- Work with Performers to create a satisfactory monitor mix.
- Maintain par stock levels of all audio equipment and cleanliness and organization of storage lockers.
- Repair equipment when possible and communicate audio issues to the Production Stage Manager and Manager, Venue Operations.
- Collaborate with the Production Stage Manager on purchase and work orders. Follow up on the status of these orders to ensure timely delivery in accordance with current stock.
- Assist in the assembly and strike of production scenery as directed by the Production Stage Manager.
- Always follow checklists and guidelines to ensure safety for performers, guests and crew.
- Comply with all health, safety, security and environmental policies of the Company.
- Advise and coordinate any additional audio needs for charters and groups.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
- Display impeccable dress sense and appearance in accordance with the House Rules.
- On R-Class vessels, this role will absorb duties performed by the Audio Technician on the larger ships.