Reports To: Chef de Partie
Job Summary: Handles and prepares food for service to guests and crew according to the company’s menus and recipes.
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance.
- Act as a company ambassador for food waste by creating minimal food waste when preparing any product.
- Responsible for overall quality, quantity, attractiveness and correctness of all food items prepared and served.
- Implementing and executing food handling and cleaning procedures for the galley in accordance with USPH standards.
- Follows all HACCP procedures set by the company.
- Properly utilizes, maintains, and returns equipment and utensils to prevent damage, loss, or undue maintenance.
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair or refurbishing to Chef de Partie.
- Responsible for performance, appearance, dress and personal conduct in accordance with company rules and regulations.
- Ensure Guest Satisfaction Scores are met for food ratings in assigned area.
- Follows guidelines and instructions established by Chef de Partie and/or Chef de Cuisine.
- Maintains a high level of productivity, cleanliness, and sanitation throughout entire work shift.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Good listening skills and able to follow instructions.
- Shows initiative in performing culinary tasks.
- Asks questions if tasks are unclear.
- Team player
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in a 5 star+ hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position.
- Experience in high volume operation of at least 100 meals per service.
- Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred.
- Extensive kitchen machinery and knife safety knowledge. • Ability to effectively read, write and speak English.
- Preferred: Degree from accredited culinary college or university.
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.