We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who will be the jam to the culinary teams jelly doughnuts!
This ‘someone’ will take care of all administrative tasks for our culinary crew and will help us keep our ship-straight! They have a strong attention to detail and are known for being organized, optimistic, and outstanding.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you
What You’ll be Up to:
- Assists the Snr. Executive Chef and Executive Chefs in reporting Time and Attendance hours of work and rest
- Responsible for making manual adjustments to the Time and Attendance reporting system and confirming once all corrections are made for the Culinary department
- Assists Snr. Executive Chef and Inventory Controller in preparing and checking orders for the Culinary Area
- Produces weekly culinary rota and gains approval from Snr. Executive Chef before publishing
- Responsible for the upkeep of the Culinary work rota and makes manual adjustments when required
- Meets and greets all new joining Culinary team members to show them to their accommodation and line manager
- Notifies Snr. Executive Chef of any discrepancies/shortages on the Culinary work rotations
- Responsible for liaising with the Crew Service Manager when communicating leaving arrangements for those culinary team members disembarking
- Responsible for taking and distributing minutes for meetings held by the Snr. Executive Chef
- Monitors HR legislation to seek improvements onboard
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Administrator onboard a Cruise or Passenger vessel or ashore
- Proven people skills along with conflict resolution, counselling, mediating and motivational skills
- Strong organizational skills and able to execute operational imperatives in a fast paced environment
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong written and verbal skills
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.” The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.