The Dispatcher is responsible for prioritizing and coordinating all guest calls anddeficiencies reported. Creates corresponding work orders and communicates withtechnical teams in the most efficient manner. The Dispatcher also ensures thatstandards of performance, requirements and guest needs are met in the course of dailyoperations by following up on completion, providing updates to guest and otherDivisions or groups. Assist theHotel MaintenanceTeam with their dailyadministrative duties.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with RoyalCaribbean International’s The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH guidelines,environmental and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required toperform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy ofAnchored inExcellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner atall times. This includes physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellowshipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewareas.
1. Responds to Guest comments and complaints in a considerate,professional and positive manner by showing empathy and engaging in
active listening. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following the“Problem Resolution Policy”
2. Receive maintenance requests from Guests and crew members andaccurately enters the request in the work order (AVO) system. Processand dispatch the appropriate discipline to ensures that the work orderrequest is accomplished in a timely and efficient manner. Guest requestsforservice or repairs must have a service response time within 30 min.Notify appropriate individuals of emergencies involving persons, Guestor Crew areas arise.
3. Reports and tracks maintenance issues utilizing the work order Actionlog. Monitor and processes expired work orders. Creates a daily workorder report listing the status by category that is distributed to alltechnical supervisors, with a copy being located on the network (W:)drive for open access.
4. Produce Pending work order report on a dailybasis for theHotelMaintenance Managerand Divisional Supervisors to review.
5. Communicates instructions or guidance of theHotel MaintenanceManagerto various individuals and/or Departments to obtain or relayinformation. Coordinates with other shipboard Departments on a regularbasis in order to optimize efficiency and desired results.
6. Monitor AMOS maintenance work orders to ensure all are completedprior to the due date. Close work orders returned from the technicalteam. All work orders must be closed with the comments indicatingwork carried out, parts used and technician’s details. Notify theHotelMaintenance Managerimmediately of any work order past the due date.
7. Monitor workforce management tool on a daily basis; to ensureallHotel Maintenanceteam have operated the time stamp correctly andreport any discrepancy to theHotel MaintenanceSupervisors. PrintPayroll reports and obtain required signatures for regular payroll periodand sign-off’s. Monitor overtime on a weekly basis and reportallovertime to the Facilities Manager. Provide guidance and supporttoHotel Maintenancepersonnel on proper time and attendanceprocedures.
8. Monitors and updates the guest log. Notify theHotel MaintenanceManagerof any event related to theHotel MaintenanceDivision.
9. Creates a variety of reports, logs and check sheets that will be used tomonitor the performance of the technical and cleaning teams and toidentify specific challenges that impact the guest satisfaction.
10. Attend and record minutesofHotel MaintenanceSafety Meetings.Post meeting minutes in the appropriate drive for attendee review andfile hard copies of signed attendance as required. For example, postinginformation, communications, and bulletins to a public drive on thecomputer network.
11. Prepare and monitor Crew list of employees including sign-on/offdate, employee id, crew id, position, cabin number and contact numbermaking appropriate notifications to the crew office and DivisionalSupervisors. Prepre pre-departure checklists and familiarization forms.
12. Prepare and post training schedules, bulletins, and any otherimportant company notifications on the notice board for review bytheHotel MaintenanceTeam.
13. Show initiative by making suggestions to improve processes,schedules, or policies to achieve related goals and objections.
14. Ensure the Familiarization forms are completed as per SQMguidelines, approved, returned and filed within 2 weeks of signing on thevessel.
15. Keep and use master copies of allHotel Maintenancerelated formsand ensure that they are current within 4 months in accordance withSQM guidelines.
16. Maintain files with copies of all Facilities personnel performanceevaluations, certifications, and disciplinary records.
17. Reads androutes incoming email. Route or answer correspondencenot requiring theHotel Maintenance Managerimmediate attention.
18. Follow proper requisitioning procedures in order to maintain officerelated supplies and personnel requirements for uniforms.MaintainsHotel Maintenanceoffice and Dispatch area in an organizedand orderly manner.
19. Operates a variety of office equipment (including computerequipment, printers, laminators and photocopiers). Utilizes computersoftware packages, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint,among others.
20. Performs related duties as required. This position description in noway states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed bythe shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employeeswillbe required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by theirsupervisor or management.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency. BusinessAdministration or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum two years experience in a customer contact position (“frontof the house”) within hotel or related industry.
- Minimum of 30 words-per-minute touch typing
- Proven customer service skills to interact appropriately with guests in aconsiderate, professional and positive manner by showing concern andlistening actively. Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with alllevels of management and employees to resolve problems and negotiateresolutions.
- Solid computers skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Lotus Notes,PowerPoint. Knowledge of AMOS, Encore, HotSOS, IssueTrakpreferred.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, including a multiple linetelephone system, copy and fax machines.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpretwritten procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal form, to effectively present informationand respond to questions.
- Ability to speak at least one or more additional languages such asFrench, Mandarin, Cantonese, Italian, Spanish, or German.
- While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly requiredto stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk orhear; and taste or smell.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Allshipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life-savingprocedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbaland hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of anemergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50pounds.
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to fulfillthe following:
- Completion of two contracts in a guest relations type position with a performancerating of satisfactory or above.
- Knowledge of AMOSand Encore.
- Proven skills in knowledge of SQM and The Royal Way