Guest Services Manager
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who finds themselves daydreaming of providing unique and bespoke experiences to Sailors.
This ‘someone’ will oversea the reception area as well as the onboard shops and make sure that our Sailors are relaxing, rejuvenating and partying. They are passionate about people and providing an epic experience for every Sailor onboard our lovely ladyship, Scarlet.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
- Responsible for the correct handling of work arising daily / per cruise / monthly
- Monitor Guest satisfaction and feedback and resolve any complaints or requests
- Supports, coaches, and trains Help Desk Staff to meet the standards of their gigs
- Keeps and maintains accurate records of discussions / correspondence with guests and communicates them to our Guest Service Director
- Monitors and reports to Guest Service Director regarding ships funds and cash availability
- Investigates and solves guest complaints
- Monitors work and rest hours and attendance for all help desk staff ensuring they meet MLC regulations
- Carries out administration for the vessels Custom and Immigration clearances along with ship documentation when entering or leaving Port
- Organizes the preparation and processing of all administrative requirements for guests throughout the voyage such as embarkation/disembarkation activities, preparation and completion of guests billing and settlement of accounts
- Monitors and performs cash transactions when required for guests
- Provide information and general assistance to all guests
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Front of House Management role
- Financial background, skills in accounting & administration
- Demonstrated experience in motivating, leading and engaging in a diverse workforce to increase synergy and improve productivity
- Passionate about people
- All certificates required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong written & verbal skills
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.” The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.