Assists theHotel MaintenanceManager with administrative and clerical work byperforming the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with RoyalCaribbean International’s The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH guidelines,environmental, and safety policies.In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored inExcellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous mannerat all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions guests or fellowshipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas. Eachshipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various servicevenues and throughout the ship.
1. Tracks report suspense’s, maintains files and logs as required by SQM andUSPH, scheduling meetings and maintains filing systems. Takes minute atmeetings and distributes as needed. Makes copies of correspondence or otherprinted materials and distributes to all necessary individuals and departments.
2. Is the SeniorHotel MaintenanceManager’s representative for theDivision’s time and attendance. Ensures all Time and Attendance guidelinesare followed. Daily spot checks the time cards to ensure that they are properlycompleted and the entries are accurate. Monitors the working hours and reportsany discrepancies or non conformities with the ILO rules and regulations to therespective supervisors; weekly conducts an audit by reviewing random samplesprior to the time cards being submitted to the Financial Center. Ensures thetime cards are correctly completed and the hours are registered for the crewmembers signing off the vessel. Ensures the end of the month reports areconsolidated, required signatures are obtained and reports are submitted to theFinancial Center on time; ensures the end of the month Kronos procedures arefollowed and that all approvals are made to meet all the deadlines. Submits compiled information for Senior FM’s approval and informs management ofany problems or discrepancies.
3. Reviews guest’s comments and rating reports. Compiles analysis and reportsfor SeniorHotel MaintenanceManager, ship board management and inresponse to shore side queries
4. Updates, compiles, copies, distributes or maintains the followingadministrative reports or logs: Turnaround Report, Cabin Changes report,Emergency Number changes, personnel performance evaluations,certifications, position changes, disciplinary records, Pre-Departure and BuddyCheck Lists, Familiarization Forms, Master’s Inspection Log, BQ Walk ofGold Log, and Safety Observation Log, Ecolab reports, updated crew list, andDeck Chair Inventory,. At the end of each cruise prepare the Significant EventLog and theHotel Maintenancevoyage reports
5. Updates, compiles, copies, distributes or maintains the following USPH orSQM required regulatory reports or logs: OPP/Vomit and Fecal AccidentSanitation Log, OPP Minimum Par Level Report with a copy of the MonthlyMeeting Minutes, FIT Testing Log, Pest Log, Plant Maintenance Log, GalleyTemperature Reports, Contractors Onboard Verification Certification, CriticalSpare Parts List, Backflow Preventer Check List, Safe Opening Signature Log,Hot Work Permits, Gamazyme Dozing, Personal Property Reports, and EmptyCabin Maintenance Log. Compiles and distributes both shipboard and shoreside the TNF Report, Water Leak Report. Daily checks that the Jacuzzi and thePool Logs are timely and accurately completed, submits them for theSeniorHotel MaintenanceManager’s review andsignature, files themaccordingly. Files the Job Safety Analysis Form and the AIRTS Reports.
6. Assists in the preparation of Division budgets, and the monitoring ofmonthly financial results.
7. Communicates instructions or desires of the SeniorHotelMaintenanceManager to various individuals and/or departments to obtain orrelay information. Coordinates with Crew Office, Inventory Manager, HumanResources, Training and Development Manager and Marine Admin on aregular basis.
8. Trains Dispatchers and verifies their competence.
9. Maintains the meetings and appointment calendar for the SeniorHotelMaintenanceand theHotel MaintenanceManager and develops their meetingschedule.
10. Manages and completes position changes based on the inputs received fromthe Supervisors. Obtains the necessary signatures from the Department Head,Division Head and Human Resources as required and maintains the files.
11. Maintains the Performance Evaluation due date list. Distributes one copy ofthe evaluation to the employee and files another one in the employee’s personalfile.
12. Reviews crew scheduling and sign on, sign off reports for accuracy anderrors. Communicates any problems to the appropriate manager and works withthe manager and Human Resources or Marine Administrative Assistant toresolve issues.
13. Collects the emergency cards from the crew members signing off anddistributes them to the ones signing on as per company’s safety instructions.
14. Inspects the cabin of crew members departing the vessel to ensurethe cabinis left in good order and with a complete inventory of all the appliances.Ensures the Sign Off Check List is complete.
15.Attends the Weekly Supervisory Meeting and the Monthly Safety Meeting,compiles and distributes the minutes to the attendees, obtains the signatures andfiles the minutes accordingly. Obtains Sub-Divisions Safety Meeting from theSupervisors and files a copy of the meeting minutes, assist with preparation asrequired.
16. Conducts research, and compiles information to prepare reports for theSeniorHotel MaintenanceManager andHotel MaintenanceManager’sreview.
17. Posts information and announcements ontheHotel MaintenanceTeamBoard for the crew members with no access to Lotus Notes.
18. Actively participates to the crew satisfaction by bringing suggestions ofways to improve the crew morale within the Division.
19. Creates the orders for the uniformsand issues the Uniform Fit Sheet..Tracks the uniforms issued to the technical staff for replacement purposes.
20. Compiles and distributes Crunch Time reports as needed.
21. Makes suggestions to improve processes, schedules or policies to achieverelatedgoals and objectives.
22. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-relatedactivities as required.
23. Operates computer equipment, software and printer to perform necessaryword processing functions in accordance with technical manuals andestablished procedures. Utilizes spreadsheet software packages for basicmathematical formulas and graphic presentation of information.
24. Maintains office-filing systems, and the overall organization of the office.
25. Orders and maintains office-related supplies, and arranges for equipmentmaintenance.
26. Assists with special projects as required.
27. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no waystates or complies that these are the only duties to be performed by theshipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will berequired to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor ormanagement.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- Minimum two years business or technical school an emphasis on BusinessAdministration, or equivalent experience.
- Solid computer skills, including good knowledge of Word, Excel, Access,LotusNotes, and ENCORE are a plus.
- Ability to type 40–50 words per minute.
- Command of the English language with excellent spelling, punctuation andgrammar skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computers in a Windows environment withemail, Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and organizational skills. Ability tooperate basic office equipment, including telephone, copy machine, fax, addingmachine, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of managementand employees.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to fulfillthe following:
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret writtenprocedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in writtenand verbal forms and to effectively presentinformation and respond toquestions from guests, supervisors and co-workers. In accordance with this isthe ability to write reports and letters grammatically correct in English.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or Germanpreferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularlyrequired to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with handsand arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required bythis job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual,verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event ofan emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50pounds.