International Guest Services Associate
Provide all Guests with a premium level of service in person and over the telephone by ensuring that all requests are courteously, promptly, efficiently handled in accordance with Company policies and ensure that follow up is consistent and without delay. When situations require, provide Guests with answers, alternatives and solutions to issues presented.
In addition to the above, they are also hired, based on their language skills, to support the company’s Global Guest program.
Deliver the elements of the Global guest program as specified and as they apply to Guest Relations which may include attendance to official ship guest events and translations of written company materials and assist international guests with verbal translations as needed and required by the Global Guest Program.
- Respond to all Guest requests, concerns and issues in a timely and professional manner.
Provide premium Guest service by handling all communications, verbal or written, in accordance with the set standards and in coordination with the Front Desk Supervisor.
- Log and maintain accurate records of all Guest inquiries, concerns and requests using systems provided and in accordance with set procedures. Promptly report to the Front Desk Supervisor situations that require the attention of the Front Desk Manager or Guest Services Manager.
- In line with the Global Guest Service Program perform translations of written company documents and assist international Guests in verbal transactions as needed and attend social functions as directed.
- When assigned, perform all tasks related to the phone duty in a courteous, efficient and organized fashion. This includes, but is not limited to, answering the general enquiries line, handling In-Room Dining calls and orders, answer and handle dining reservations calls and fulfill the responsibilities of a telephone concierge to designated signature suite guests.
- When assigned, perform all tasks related to the night duty, including but not limited to handling calls to the emergency line and completing administrative tasks as per schedule and handovers.
- Maintain accurate work order files for easy reference and as per company standard.
- Make use of the library of reference materials associated with the function to assist in answering Guest inquiries accurately and in a timely manner and provide suggestions for updates to the Front Desk Supervisor.
- Ensure adherence to the Accounting Policy 2.08: Privacy and Communication to protect guest and team members personal information (PI) when communicating with Port Agents, Tour Operators, Immigration Officials, etc.
- Handle cash transactions required by Guests including and not limited to traveler checks, stamps, foreign exchange, gratuity adjustments and settlement of shipboard accounts in accordance with the company’s established accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative and record-keeping tasks.
- Acquire in depth knowledge of all aspects of the Mariner Loyalty Program to assist guests with any related inquiries. Assist the Event Coordinator with the administrative tasks of the Mariner Program as required.
- When assigned, perform all tasks related to the phone duty in a courteous, efficient and organized fashion.
- Promote various services and programs as appropriate to generate revenue.
- Actively promote the use of the Company’s proprietary Navigator App and responsible for acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively assist guests with the workings of the App.
- Maintain a positive, effective, and respectful working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, and officers within and across department boundaries.
- Adhere to ship’s relevant health & safety procedures as required.
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance.
- Uphold and display high standards of professionalism, integrity, honesty, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned by the Head of Department.
- Minimum preferred education: Associates Degree
- Discipline/Major: College or University degree or equivalent in hospitality management, business administration or a related field. International equivalent suffices
- International incumbents to also have knowledge of another language
- Years and area of professional experience (required for the role): Minimum 2 years work experience within a Front Office Operation/Hospitality Environment in a 4 star or above hotel/resort or cruise/passenger vessel or a minimum of two years’ work experience in a reputable call center or reservations agency.
- Able to work well with both shipboard and corporate personnel. Being open minded, flexible, and able to handle constantly changing priorities. Ability to multi-task and evidence of strong organizational skills. A genuine interest in working with and helping guests and the ability to handle complaints and deal effectively with difficult situations. Must be able to work nightshifts for designated periods.
- Working knowledge of computers and the ability to navigate within a variety of software programs such as but not limited to Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work varied shifts which can average up to 11 hours per day, every day while on board.
- Must be able to perform normal and assigned emergency duties. Must be able to don a lifejacket or immersion suit; crawl; feel for differences in temperatures; handle fire-fighting equipment; and wear breathing apparatus (where required as part of duties).
- Must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Must be able to maintain qualification of the Seafarer Medical Examination and pass the basic safety course.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work within different temperature ranges and changes— e.g., indoors to outdoors, hot climate, etc.
- Passport valid for a minimum of 6 months beyond a working assignment.
- Seafarer Medical Examination to declare fit for duty onboard ships.
- Must be able to acquire a United States C1D Visa, if required.
- Must be able to acquire a European Union Schengen Visa, if required