Inventory Control Assistant
This position is responsible for coordinating all essential duties related to the ordering, loading,
receiving, storing, inventorying, and issuance of all Hotel products. Accountable for preserving
quality and quantity control of Hotel inventoried items. Responsible for maintaining all Hotel
storerooms clean and organized. Responsible for ensuring that the chemical room is in compliance
with MARPOL and USPH regulations and guidelines. Support the inventory team to fulfill and
complete all initiatives related to loading and storing of inventoried items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of becoming “the world’s best premium cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard crewmembers and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
2. Responsible for the safekeeping and the issuance of Hotel products.
3. Responsible for maintaining all hotel storerooms clean and organized
4. Responsible for coordinating all essential duties related to the ordering, loading, receiving, storing, inventorying, and issuance of all Hotel products.
5. Responsible for ensuring adherence of company’s policies for the ordering, loading, receiving, storing, inventorying, and issuance of all Hotel products.
6. Responsible for creating and for providing to the Inventory Manager Master Orders for all Hotel items.
7. Responsible for maintaining proper on-hand inventory of all supplies following company’s established par levels.
8. Responsible for creating pick lists for all approved Hotel customer orders.
9. Responsible for providing pick lists to Linenkeeper.
10. Responsible for invoicing all pick lists in the inventory system upon issuance of supplies.
11. Responsible for monitoring the shelf-live of all applicable Hotel items.
12. Responsible for ensuring proper disbursement of merchandise from the storerooms following the pick-up times established in the Internal Requisitioning Timetable for Hotel Items.
13. Conducts storerooms spot check to ensure items are correctly stored in order to minimize deterioration and waste and to maximize storing and space efficiencies.
14. Responsible for taking physical count of all Hotel items following the Inventory Cycle Count schedule.
15. Responsible for researching and reporting to the Inventory Manager any physical count discrepancies, spoilage, and breakage of Hotel inventoried items.
16. Responsible for reviewing and cross-referencing the Pre Alert Manifest Container report versus the corresponding Master Orders and reporting to the Inventory Manager any ordering discrepancies.
17. Responsible for identifying and reporting to the Inventory Manager any receipt discrepancies during the loading process.
18. Responsible for providing the necessary ongoing training to subordinates on precautionary measures to avoid bodily injuries and/or damages to company’s property when using chemical and cleaning material.
19. Responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow their schedules and perform the required tasks as per position’s job description.
20. Responsible for making recommendations to Inventory Manager regarding personnel actions such as promotions, new hire requests, and discharges.
21. Assists the Inventory Manager with assigned duties required by the day-to-day operations of the Inventory Organization.
22. Comply with all corporate standards and procedures as they relate to the entire Celebrity fleet.
23. Follow ship’s rules and regulations as stipulated in the Employee Handbook and respect all Senior Ranking Officers and fellow staff.
24. Attend and participate in all mandatory lifeboat safety drills on embarkation days and any other port days as scheduled by the Master. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
§ This position is responsible for direct cost containment through the proper purchasing and inventory of all supplies and equipment.
People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function.
§ Monitors and supervises the various assigned workstation functions. Monitors the assignment of duties and responsibilities to crewmembers. Observes and evaluates crewmembers and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met. Makes recommendations regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure adequate and continuous staffing. Inspects workstations, work areas, equipment, etc. to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
§ Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to subordinates to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
§ High School degree. At least 3 years experience as Hotel supply controller/administrator at a reputable hotel, or at comparable firm that stores high volume of merchandise.
§ Knowledge of public health standards (USPH) related to storeroom management
of Hotel items.
§ Knowledge of chemical storage guidelines.
§ Computer knowledge; proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
§ Individual must complete at least 2 contracts as Hotel Supply Supervisor.
§ Evaluation must have recommendations from Inventory Manager, and Financial Controller.
§ Knowledge of company’s inventory system.
§ Proficient in Microsoft excel application
§ Awareness of product specifications.
§ Organized and good with numbers.
§ Ability to speak and read clearly in English.
§ Ability to write business correspondence.
§ Ability to communicate with management.
§ Ability to understand and interpret written procedures.
§ Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, or German preferred.
§ Ability to calculate and analyze basic mathematical computation.
§ While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
§ All shipboard crewmembers must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.