Department: Guest Experience & Product Development
Reports To: Housekeeping Supervisor
Job Summary: In charge of Linen Room, all linen activities and linen quality control.
- In charge of proper organization and control of all the clean linen storage spaces in the Main Laundry area.
- Coordinate the receiving of soiled Dining Room linen and napkins, Stateroom linen, team member linen, Pool towels, Spa linen and Engine coveralls.
- Periodically inspect the soiled Dining Room linen and napkins, Stateroom linen, Pool towels, Spa linen and ensure proper sorting and separation procedures are in place.
- Control and maintain records of distribution of clean linen and terry items to team member areas, staterooms, dining room, pool, gym and Spa.
- Control and maintain records of receiving and issuing of and rags and microfiber cleaning cloth.
- Check and separate stained linen and terry, follow-up on rewashing and stain treatment.
- Remove any damaged and discolored linen from the clean linen storeroom and stop from recirculation.
- Provide daily stain linen report and damaged linen report to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Provide daily stain treatment summary to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Conduct monthly inventory of linen in the Linen rooms, assist the Housekeeping Supervisor-LLU with the Main Laundry linen count, and assist with inventory data entry in the Housekeeping computer.
- Ensure linen rooms are locked when not manned.
- Coordinate Half Moon Cay towel collection operations.
- Proactively work on reducing towel and linen abuse by regularly monitoring areas or departments that abuse linen.
- Maintain positive, effective, and respectful working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and officers within and across department boundaries.
- Follow and adhere to ship’s relevant health & safety procedures as required
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance
- Actively promote the use of the company’s proprietary Navigator App and responsible for acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively assist guests with the workings of the App.
- Uphold and display high standards of professionalism, integrity, honesty, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Housekeeping management team.
- Able to speak, read and understand English.
- Has completed High School education.
- Has good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Able to merge data from Microsoft Excel log reports and maintain accurate monthly summaries.
- Has good understanding of linen quality, linen color and has the ability to pay attention to details of proper quality control.
- Is physically able to carry at least 40 lbs.
- Experience in the field of Linen keeping in established commercial large-scale laundry facility, hotel or cruise ship preferred.
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.