Personnel Cook Thai
- Preparation of all food for Thai crew and petty officers in accordance with established company menus.
- Implement and execute food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards in the assigned areas as outlined in the Safe Food Handling Manual and cleaning specification per partie.
- Responsible for the proper use of equipment and utensils to prevent damage or undue maintenance requirements. Reports any malfunctioning equipment or furnishing in need to repair or refurbishing to his superiors.
- Responsible for quality, quantity and attractiveness of all food items served from his section.
- Responsible for checking that quantity and quality of items ordered from stores are received and stored in proper condition and thereafter used in the correct manner.
- Maintains a high level of productivity, cleanliness and sanitation throughout the entire section.
- Completes assigned duties within assigned timeframes.
- Is responsible to ensure the proper work and cleaning methods are being followed in order to produce and serve safe, wholesome, high quality and attractive food for the crew.
- Works closely and cooperates with superiors, colleagues and subordinates in order to achieve the highest possible satisfaction from the products served.
- Must wear required, clean uniform at all times per company standard.
- Ensure to create minimal food waste when preparing any food product.
GUEST SATISFACTION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all food GSS targets are met for food ratings in your assigned area.
- Good listener and able to follow instructions. Self-proficient to perform any culinary task already learned, but will always ask if they do not know how to do something properly.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Required: 2+ years’ experience performing the functions of a similar position.
- Required: Experience in high volume operation of at least 300 meals per service.
- Required: Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred.
- Required: Extensive kitchen machinery and knife safety knowledge.
- Required: Ability to effectively read, write and speak English.
- Preferred: Degree from accredited culinary college or university.
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.