- The Quartermaster/A. B. Seamanshall be familiar with the Safety & QualityManagement Program including his responsibilities in the Safety Organizationaccording to the Emergency Plan and Station Bill.
- The Quartermaster/A. B. Seaman shall assist in responding to any fire alarms ortelephone calls that may occur while the Watchkeeping Officer is otherwise engaged.
- The Quartermaster/A.B.Seaman shall never leave the Bridge without permission to doso, by the Watchkeeping Officer and shall always have a radio when off the Bridge.
- The Quartermaster/A. B. Seaman must have complete knowledge of gangway securityprocedures as described in Chapter 7 of this manual. He shall be observant and alert to prevent accidents to personnel and property andqualified to take actions independently if so required.
- He shall be familiar with theprocedures of solving passenger complaints., as described inthe Guest ServicesManual(see related entries below).
- The Quartermaster/A.B. Seaman shall participate in training and guiding thelessexperienced sailors on board to improve the quality in the Deck Department.
- The Quartermaster/A. B. Seaman shall always use the correct safety and protectionequipment provided in the daily operations and follows the safety instructions fromthe Bosun and 2nd Bosun in this respect.
- The Quartermaster/A. B. Seaman must be familiar with tender operations and shall,when necessary be responsible for the safe operation of a tender with passengersaboard.