Restaurant Operations Manager
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ passionate about delicious food & epic bevies.
This ‘someone’ is an operational guru and is well versed in menus, cooking methods, menu cycles, and presentation standards. They day dream of doing ship a little bit differently. Sound like you!? … Keep reading!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all ship’s food outlets and service standards
- Delivers outstanding customer service to Sailors throughout dining service and engages with them to gain feedback on service and food
- Knowledgeable with all Food & Beverage Operations aspects including but not limited to menu knowledge, cooking methods, menu cycles and presentation standards
- Conducts regular inspections of all food service areas and outlets ensuring that any shortfalls in cleanliness or standards are corrected
- Monitors work/rest hours of all restaurant staff ensuring MLC guidelines are adhered to
- Responsible for the restaurant reservations and ensures the execution is as planned
- Designates specific responsibilities to Maître d’s and Assistant Maître d’s who are assigned to work in various sections of the food service areas
- Ensures that all special diets and/or special requests are fulfilled as per Sailor’s requirements
- Ensure all Restaurant Operations staff operate above USPH standards
- Ensures the highest possible standards of guest service are provided and listens and responds to Sailor and Crew concerns and feedback
- Ensures that all new staff within restaurant areas receive ongoing training on the Restaurant Operations and other company’s policies and procedures
- Reports to the Food & Beverage Director any guest complaints and feedback and, where possible, resolves
- Responsible for the appearance and manner of the Restaurant Operations’ crew
- Monitors and reports on restaurant and food outlet sales and costs ensuring that outlets within their department operate within established budgetary guidelines
- Responsible for cost containment through proper use and care of records, reports, supplies and equipment
- Identifies potential expense reductions through cost control
- Analyzes operational problems and establishes controls.
- Reviews timesheets and forwards to the Food & Beverage Director for approval
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Restaurant/Dining Manager onboard a Cruise ship or 4/5 star hotel/resort
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or a related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and able to juggle several operations at a time
- Demonstrated experience in motivating, leading and engaging a diverse workforce to increase synergy and improve productivity
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong written & verbal skills
What Matters to Us:
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.” The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons