As directed by the staff chef produce quality meals for the staff and crew dining areas in line with company specifications and USPH standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To arrive at work on time in a clean, company specified uniform, with all required safety equipment.
- To prepare quality meals as directed by the staff chef.
- To ensure a fast and efficient delivery service to the crew and staff restaurants.
- To monitor stock receiving and report any discrepancies to the staff chef.
- In the absence of the staff chef liase with the duty Assistant Food and Beverage Manager in regard to food production, shortages, changes, etc.
- Assist the staff chef to supervise, motivate and train all galley personnel on a scheduled basis in regard to food quality, USPH standards, etc.
- To be knowledgeable and properly use all galley equipment and report any malfunctions of the same to the staff chef.
- To liase with the galley steward in regard to proper cleaning of the equipment.
- To ensure garbage separation standards are enforced and followed.
- To execute any special menus as requested by the chef for the Captain and his guests or other special requests.
- To perform all other functions as requested by the staff chef.
- To perform duties which may be necessary, and as directed by the management.