Department: Guest Experience & Product Development
Reports To: Housekeeping Supervisor
Job Summary: Provides guest stateroom service as a shared responsibility with the Assistant Stateroom Steward.
- In charge of the Housekeeping team assigned to provide guest stateroom service.
- Clean and supply all assigned staterooms, in accordance with Housekeeping procedures and standards, by following Perfect Stateroom Set-up and other training guidelines.
- Provide morning guest stateroom service and applicable evening turndown service, in a timely manner.
- Maintain cleanliness of guest staterooms, and balconies as applicable.
- Distribute guest amenities such as ice, fruits, tote bags, chocolates, parcels, flowers, gifts, paperwork, shore-ex tickets etc., as required.
- Provide each embarking guest with a stateroom orientation, introduce their teammate and provide name card at introduction.
- Report any safety or maintenance concerns, damaged, defective or missing items via IVR or to immediate supervisor.
- Handle the delivery of all necessary laundry / dry cleaning / pressing services as required and shoeshine service as requested.
- Interact with guests and handle all requests or complaints in a timely manner.
- Help the Assistant Stateroom Steward to distribute embarking guest luggage in a timely manner, handling with care and being mindful to avoid damage to corridor walls or other structures.
- Help the Assistant Stateroom Steward to maintain corridors, steward station/locker, ice machine, pantry and other areas within assigned section, in accordance with HAL standards.
- Interact with co-workers in positive and professional manner.
- Provide on-the-job training to Assistant Stateroom Steward in all Housekeeping standards and regulations.
- Administer all required paperwork for assigned section (safety, lost luggage and other checklists).
- Comply with all House Rules, Safety Regulations, and Environmental Guidelines.
- Comply with all public health regulations, instructions and standards.
- Maintain positive, effective, and respectful working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and officers within and across department boundaries.
- Adhere to ship’s relevant health & safety procedures as required
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance.
- Actively promote the use of the company’s proprietary Navigator App and responsible for acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively assist guests with the workings of the App.
- Uphold and display high standards of professionalism, integrity, honesty, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Housekeeping management team.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Preferred High School Education
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Stateroom Steward or equivalent function in the hospitality Industry
- Preferred 1 years of shipboard experience as Stateroom Attendant or equivalent function.
- Needs to be physically able to carry at least 40 lbs.
- Able to work well and communicate effectively with both shipboard personnel.
- Ability to multi-task and handle constantly changing priorities.
- Basic Knowledge of public health and sanitation protocols related to staterooms.
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.