- The Wine Attendant provides excellent service in all assigned areas. He/she assists in wine bar operation, gift order/cabin deliveries and is fully responsible for the mini bar refill and stock. The Wine Attendant must make sure that he/she is very knowledgeable about the wine list as well as wines in general.
- Carry out any reasonable assignment as may be instructed by the Cellar Master, Beverage Manager, Hotel Director or Head Office.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and ethics that promote the culture, values and mission of Holland America Line.
- Ensure all Company policies and regulations are implemented, followed and maintained.
- Attend training sessions at all times as scheduled by the beverage management and or by the Safety and Deck Officer’s.
- Adhere to and carry out all reasonable tasks and duties instructed by the beverage management.
- Oversee Restaurants, Cellars, Wine Bar and Lido with respect to physical condition, condition of equipment and decoration to ensure prompt repair and maintenance through reporting to the Cellar Master.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Operational financial goals (Cost Control), accounting procedures, wine cellars, wine storing, wine ordering.
- Help in carrying out Wine Tasting, Spirit & Cigar Tasting (if required).
- Maintain wine service standards at all times.
- Ensure complete knowledge and compliance in all company related safety, health, hygiene policies and procedures.
- Handling guest concerns but reporting to the Cellar Master.
- Ability to Effectively read and speak English.
- Very good appearance, outgoing, self-starter, warm personality.
- Ability to suggest and sell beverage items in particular wine to guests.
- Very good knowledge of wines, their grapes, vineyards, production of wines from old and new world wine.
- Ability to conduct wine tasting in public in front of guests and colleagues.
- Excellent body language and friendly attitude.
- Knowledge of spirits and liquors.
- Basic Cigar Knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of Sparkling Wine and Champagne.
- Use of point of sales an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge of beverage handling procedures with regard to public health standards.
- Willing to adapt to changes fast and of positive nature
- Must be willing to work on holidays, night time, weekends and as business required.
- Ability to adapt into the beverage team.
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.