The Assistant Storekeeper is responsible of a warehouse inventory location, including receiving, storing, inventorying and issuing of Food and Beverage and Hotel related items.
What You’ll be Up to:
- Responsible of Receiving, Storing, and Issuing Food, Beverage, Hotel, or Cleaning Products used by the Food Department.
- Must participate in the Loading of all products necessary to the operation of the Food Dept.
- Ensures requisitions are prepared and delivered in a timely manner and in accordance with the requisition timetable.
- Ensure appropriate FIFO Rotation is in place in his area and report any issue to the Procurement Manager.
- Must, according to schedule, participate in the cleaning of all storage facilities according to the Public Health procedures and standards.
- Takes scheduled and end of voyage physical inventory of his store according to the Procurement Manager instruction.
- Individual responsibilities will be assigned by the Head Storekeeper / Procurement Manager and the Food & Beverage Director with on the job training concerning the cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable with all the cleaning materials and chemicals, taking the necessary precautions to avoid any bodily injuries or damages to the Ship’s Property.
- Must report for duties on assigned times; follow his/her Superiors instructions in line with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Must be familiar with the Provision area layout in terms of safety and security, must have a full understanding of ships rules / regulations (SMS) and participate in all required safety drills / training.
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Storekeeper or similar position onboard a Cruise ship or 4/5* hotel/resort.
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures with regard to Hotel and Food & Beverage Operations.
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.” The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.