- The Bosun shall have an understanding of the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.Safety & Quality Management Program and his responsibilities in the SafetyOrganization according to the Emergency Plan and Station Bill.
- The Bosun shall have full knowledge of all the day-to-day Deck operationsrelated to maintenanceand procedures.
- The Bosun’s primary responsibility is ensure for the cleanliness, care andmaintenance of the ship’s hull, superstructure, rig, outer Decks, windows, cargogear, mooring equipment, gangways and ladders.
- Heis responsible for the daily cleaning of the weather Decks, railings, ladders,windows and swimming pools in conjunction with the Facilities Manager.TheBosun is responsible for the cleaning and general maintenance of holding tanks.In this conjunction, it is the responsibility of the Bosun to ensure that all routines and procedures associated with entering and working in confinedspaces are strictly adhered to.
- The Bosun shall supervise his crew to ensure that all Deck plannedmaintenance is carried out within the specified time periods and requiredrecords are maintained.
- The Bosun should be an assertive work leader of the Deck crew and to have afull understanding of all the day-to-day operations on Deck.
- The Bosun shall also ensure that there are sufficient inventories of all suppliesand tools used by the Deck department.
- The Bosun shall follow up with the Technical Storekeeper to ensure that allmaterials loaded onboard are properly stowed. He shall follow up with theTechnical Storekeeper to ensure that all Deck Department materials arecompliant with specifications and if not compliant, they should be labeled asnon-compliant, returned to the vendor and Purchasing notified. He shall keepthe Staff Captain informed in this regard.
- The Bosun shall be at all times sensitive to the needsand expectations of ourguests. He shall always evaluatetogether with the Staff Captain,how Deckoperations will potentially impact on our guest’s onboard experience. He shallbe familiar with the procedures of solving passenger complaints.
- The Bosun isresponsible for the supervision of the Deck crew in all marineaspects and shall continuously educate and guide his personnel, not only in theday to day operation of the ship, but he shall also be a counselor for the Deckcrew regarding general life onboard. Additionally, he shall ensure that all Deckpersonnel have performed their SQM required familiarizations.
- He shall ensure that his crew is using the proper safety and protectionequipment in the daily Deck operation and that the critical working areasareappropriately and adequately isolated from guests.
- The Bosun is responsible for the hazardous material and chemicals and all areaswhere these are in use within the Deck department. He shall ensure that the allhazardous materials and chemicals are properly stored and secured. He shallalso monitor on an on-going basis that the chemical log is updated and that allDeck crew have a full understanding of the proper usage and hazards associatedwith hazardous materials.
- The Bosun shall ensure that all Deckcrew work and conduct themselves inaccordance with the procedures described in this manual at all times. TheBosun should conduct himself in an exemplary manner and do his utmost tokeep a high standard of ethics and morale among his fellow crewmembers.Heshall ensure that the cooperation between the Deck Crew and other departmentsis excellent.
- He shall keep his Staff Captain informed about the progress and skills amonghis personnel and suggest promotions within the Deck department.
- The Bosun has an important role in accident/incident prevention and reporting.He shall cooperate with the Safety Officer and Security Officer ininvestigations and follow-up of accidents, incidents and non-conformities.