Reports To: Executive Chef
Job Summary: Directs and oversees team members and all preparation of bakery products onboard for guests and crew
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance.
- Conduct regular training with all departmental members on food waste separation and environmental compliance as per Global HESS policies.
- Direct, supervise and assist the preparation of all bakery products onboard as per company standards.
- Actively involved in daily bakery production while supervising, assisting, and training team members in bake shop.
- Prepare daily schedule for all bakery team members.
- Evaluate, and conduct monthly ratings for each member of the bakery department.
- Responsible for performance, appearance, dress and personal conduct of all team members assigned to the bakery department.
- Monitors and controls actual hours worked for all bake shop team members.
- Implementing and executing food handling and cleaning procedures for the bake shop in accordance with USPH standards.
- Follows all HACCP procedures set by the company.
- Controls food cost by monitoring production, consumption and forecasts.
- Check quality and quantity of items ordered and received from stores.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef in order to achieve the highest possible Guest Satisfaction Scores from bakery products served.
- Ensures proper food storage in accordance to USPH procedures and thereafter in accordance to standard corporate recipes, reporting any discrepancies to the Executive Chef.
- Supervises and inspects overall operation cleanliness and clean up after each service period following provided checklists and cleaning schedules.
- Assigns all cleaning responsibilities within the bakery department according to the cleaning schedule and follows up on overall cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Reports and malfunctioning equipment or furnishings in need of repair or refurbishing to the Executive Chef.
- Works closely with galley leadership and other department leaders.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Multi-tasking and all around leader.
- Builds a strong team and fosters collaboration.
- Able to manage high volume.
- Acts as a corporate brand ambassador with onboard teams supporting and driving all longterm company goals and brand direction.
- Good communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in a 5 star+ hotel, cruise ship or high-profile restaurant performing the functions of a similar position.
- 3+ year experience in a supervisory position preferably in a multi-nationality setting with a proven ability to provide orientation and training.
- Experience in high volume operation of at least 500 meals per service.
- Certification from accredited advanced food safety program. Extensive knowledge in VSP preferred.
- Extensive kitchen machinery and knife safety knowledge.
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak English.
- Preferred: Degree from accredited culinary college or university bakery program.
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.