Dining Service Attendant
Assists and supports the food and beverage service onboard in various capacities. Leads the service for food and beverage in an assigned station in the Mess Rooms and Lido Market, but also assists with guest service, food delivery, and table resetting in the Dining Room or In Room Dining as assigned. Ensures guests are consistently provided with courteous, prompt and efficient service according to company standards.
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance.
- Assist with achieving departmental guest satisfaction targets and food and beverage revenues by providing a memorable dining experience for all guests and team members.
- Follows and is compliant with all HESS rules and regulations.
- Ensures that assigned station is properly setup and maintained through service.
- Ensures that assigned station is properly cleaned and set-up at the end of the meal period and that all assigned side-work is complete.
- Complies with the sequence of service for food and beverage to ensure timeliness of service to team members and guests.
- Demonstrates accurate and complete menu knowledge in order to deliver a high-quality guest experience.
- Ensures satisfaction of service with guests in assigned station and resolves any service and/or product deficiencies that may occur.
- Actively promote the use of the Company’s proprietary Navigator App and responsible for acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively assist guests with the workings of the
- Performs other job-related functions as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Positive attitude and works with a ‘guests first’ mentality.
- Provides personable service at all times.
- Team player with good communication skills
- Takes initiative, self-disciplined, and must be an outgoing individual.
- Pleasant, polite and neat appearance.
- Must be able to tell apart and understand the difference between Allergies and Special Diets in order to provide excellent service.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms;
talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision
abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
Qualifications / Requirements
- 1+ years’ experience working in a 5+ star hotel, cruise ship or high-volume restaurants performing the functions in a similar position.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalency is required.
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.