Housekeeping Administrative Assistant
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is extremely detail oriented and is passionate about keeping our Housekeeping crew in ship-shape.
This ‘someone’ will work closely with the Executive Housekeeper to help keep track of time & attendance, rota, and welcome all new crew members to the team. Does this sound interesting to you?! … Keep reading!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up to:
- Assist the Executive Housekeeper in reporting Time and Attendance hours of work & rest
- Responsible for making manual adjustments to the Time & Attendance reporting system and confirming once all corrections are made for the Housekeeping department
- Assists the Executive Housekeeper and Inventory Controller in preparing and checking orders for the Housekeeping area
- Produce weekly housekeeping rota and responsible for the upkeep
- Meet & greet all new joining team members and show them to their accommodation and line manager
- Notifies Executive Housekeeper of any discrepancies, shortages on Housekeeping work rota
- Responsible for liaising with the Crew Service Manager when communicating leaving arrangements
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an administrator onboard a Cruise ship
- Passion for people!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong written & verbal skills
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.” The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.