Department: Guest Experience & Product Development
Reports To: Housekeeping Supervisor
Job Summary: General laundry duties.
- Mark and sort guest and team member personal laundry
- Assist with folding and pressing of guest and team member personal items.
- Fold clean laundry, towels and other linen items.
- Separate damaged towels and linen
- Report damaged personal items to supervisor.
- Load washers with towels, linen and personal laundry
- Load dryers with towels, relevant linen and personal laundry
- Maintain clean and safe personal work area, especially before going on any breaks
- Perform equipment maintenance such as flatwork ironer daily maintenance, press heads cleaning, lint removal, lubricating of wet cleaning machine parts etc., as assigned.
- Maintain positive, effective, and respectful working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and officers within and across department boundaries
- Adhere to ship’s relevant health & safety procedures as required
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance
- Uphold and display high standards of professionalism, integrity, honesty, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance
- Perform miscellaneous duties as necessary, including those relative to facility maintenance/ cleanliness or others assigned by Housekeeping management team
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Requires high school graduate or higher
- Minimum 6 months experience as a laundry man in a hotel or commercial laundry which includes job training
- Able to speak, read and understand English and must pass Marlin test. Must meet HAL’s SPEACS and Marlins Test requirements for this function. (Currently Elementary and required score is 60)
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.