Pool Service Supervisor
We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is passionate about keeping ship straight around our fabulous pool area.
This ‘someone’ will oversea the Pool & Deck areas onboard our lovely ladyship, Scarlet. They will make sure our cabanas are stocked with our Sailors (guests) favorite items and the pool deck is looking flawless. Sound interesting to you?! … Keep reading!
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up To:
- Responsible for overseeing the opening, maintenance and closing of pool decks
- Check weather and hourly rain percentage and projected wind speeds to plan accordingly
- Ensures Pool nets are attached and detached as necessary
- Notifies Asst. Beverage Manager of any defects to lighting, heating or ventilation equipment in their area
- Delivers exceptional customer service and reports any sailor complaints to Asst. Beverage Manager
- Maintains supply of clean towels in pool areas
- Check Cabana Reservations to ensure all reservations are communicated to cabana team along with pool attendants in the area
- Check linen inventory and ensure that there is a sufficient number of towels and covers for the day
- Ensures all Deck furniture is maintained to a high standard and informs Technical department of any repairs required
- Carries out sanitation of shower heads and shower cubicles
- Monitors and assists in the setup of Pool areas and ensures that the area is kept up to company standards at all times
- Schedules and leads Pool Service Attendant team with poolside amenity program
- Assists in coordinating and supervising Sailor events held around the Pool area
- Be familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
- Mentors, coaches and trains Pool Service Attendants in order to develop and enhance their skill set
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Head Butler or Pool Deck/Service Supervisor onboard a Cruise ship or 4/5 star hotel/resort
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with professionalism and a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Good Command of the English Language
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.” The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.