We’re on an exciting journey to create one of the most irresistible travel brands in the world and are building an epic team to help make our ambition a reality. We are on the hunt for a super talented ‘someone’ who is quick, quirky, and qualified for the gig! Sounds like you?! Keep reading!
Have you ever wondered why service feels so stuffy? … Us too! This “someone” will naturally go above and beyond for our Sailors while being their true authentic self.
In other words, this ‘someone’ needs to know how to Make Ship Happen. Your excellent attention to detail and self-starter mentality means you can think quick on your feet and keep calm when ship gets real. Ultimately, we won’t be able to remember how we got by without you.
What You’ll be Up to:
- Provide an epic experience for our guests at all times
- Maintains knowledge of all menu items, cooking methods and beverage selections available in the assigned outlet
- Maintains knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, proper table set ups, room capacity, hours of operation and menus of assigned restaurant and/or outlet
- Ensures each table assigned to them is set up according to the restaurant standard operating procedures, as well as cleaned properly and organized in accordance with company and USPH rules and regulations prior to, during and at the end of service
- Ensures they are present when Sailors arrive and leave tables for greetings
- Offers the menu and discusses options and recommendations for both food and beverage
- Ensures all dietary requirements are fulfilled and any special requests are noted and discussed with Maître d’, passing all necessary information onto the Galley
- Takes and processes orders in their area and if required, appraises Sailors of any delays to food being delivered
- Ensures the delivery of food ordered is done in a timely manner, monitoring temperature and presentation standards as per service procedure
- Visits each table of their respective area engaging with and receiving feedback regarding the food and service to ensure sailors have the utmost satisfaction
- Ensures that all restaurant products, equipment and cleaning materials are used in a cost-effective manner, according to the handling guidelines
- Informs their respective Supervisor or Manager regarding all sailor issues, special requests, suggestions and complaints and where possible, seeks to resolve
- Ensures that Sailor orders are correctly entered into the system and monitors tab for any corrections necessary
- Is familiar with all cruise services/features and activations to respond to Sailor inquiries accurately
- Ensures compliance with the company’s alcohol policy and notifies Restaurant Manager if Sailors/Crew are in danger of breaching
- Assists with embarkation/disembarkation procedures and luggage handling as and when required
- Performs other restaurant, Room Service and Crew Dining Service duties as and when required
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Waiter/Server onboard a Cruise ship or in a 4/5 star hotel/resort or restaurant
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Strong written & verbal skills
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.” The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.