Production of team member uniforms
- Daily operation and maintenance of workplace and tailor shop, in general, ensuring that working hours are adhered to as directed by Executive Housekeeper and that correct uniforms are always worn. Ensure that possible side duties do not interfere with daily working hours.
- Ensure that full complement (complete sets) of uniforms are produced and issued to team members and officers.
- Oversee the distribution and collection of uniforms according to the uniform policy and standard set by Corporate Housekeeping
- Maintain optimum uniform productivity. Perform repairs when requested and authorized by Executive Housekeeper. Ensure that correct material and patterns are used and produced in correct quantities and sizes.
- Ensure linen (napkins tablecloth etc.) repair and damaged Linen are processed daily without leaving any backlogs for following day.
- Maintain uniform inventory levels within set budgets/targets and keep accurate inventory reports without discrepancies.
- Receive raw materials and miscellaneous tailoring supplies and verify quantity against packing slip and purchase order. Report items received to Assistant Executive Housekeeper and Inventory Accountant within 24 hours. Report discrepancies promptly to onboard Inventory Accountant
- In conjunction with Executive Housekeeper and Assistant Executive Housekeeper prepare the raw materials and uniforms orders within set budgets
- Maintain/prepare daily production and issue reports, log uniforms collected as per HAL established guideline and other necessary paperwork, accurately and thoroughly.
- Capable of operating and maintaining all equipment available within the tailor shop, in a safe manner, and able to reach production expectations, in terms of quality and quantity.
- Provide equipment training to tailors, when needed.
- Maintain safe, healthy and clean operations and work environment in the tailor shop.
- Maintain clean and organized lockers and work area, with no other items than what is listed on the inventory report. Report actively and immediately when discrepancies are noticed.
- Perform regular counts and spot checks of inventory in order to prevent variances.
- Report actively and immediately to immediate supervisor when unable to follow
procedures, or when equipment is out of order or in need of spare parts/repair, or there is a lack of supplies.
- Maintain positive, effective, and respectful working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers and officers within and across department boundaries.
- Follow and adhere to ship’s relevant health & safety procedures as required
- Comply with company policy regarding waste separation and environmental compliance
- Actively promote the use of the company’s proprietary Navigator App and responsible for acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively assist guests with the workings of the App.
- Uphold and display high standards of professionalism, integrity, honesty, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as appropriate to the efficient operation of the shop or as assigned by the Housekeeping management team.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving
procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
- Preferred High School Education
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Tailor.
- Preferred 1 years of shipboard experience as Tailor
- Needs to be physically able to carry at least 40 lbs.
- Able to work well and communicate effectively with both shipboard personnel.
- Ability to multi-task and manage inventories
Note: Other duties as assigned included and not limited to Health, Environmental, Safety and Security responsibilities.