The Uniform Attendant is responsible for the issuance, ordering, cleaning and assistance in repairs required of all Crew Uniforms onboard.
What You’ll be Up to:
- Responsible for maintenance and cleaning of Uniforms for all Crew onboard.
- Responsible for ordering and issuance of uniforms to new joining crew.
- Coordinates with Tailor any repairs of torn or damaged uniform for crew.
- Monitors supplies and orders when necessary any items of uniform such as safety shoes, aprons, galley hats etc.
- Informs Executive Housekeeper of any problems regarding uniforms and keeps them informed of any shortages or major damages.
- Assists Linen keeper during busy periods as required.
- Ensures workshop is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Receives and issues uniforms to crew members during specified opening hours of the wardrobe.
- Partake in inspections, trainings and meetings as required by Head of Department.
- Ensures that the set standards are kept and staff members work according to their respective job descriptions.
Super Powers Required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Housekeeping Utility onboard a Cruise ship or a professional Tailor ashore.
- Passionate about people and able to handle guest complaints with a smile!
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position.
- Good command of the English Language
What Matters to Us
At Virgin, your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We want you to bring it to our hang out spot and help make the place even better. So, we won’t be surprised to hear that when people talk about you they say you are clever, on top of it, able to think ahead, intuitive, passionate and someone people respect and enjoy working with because you make things happen.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.” The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.