Department: Engine – Marine
Reports To: Team Leader
Set sail on a new career with Carnival, and help bring the FUN to life aboard one of their fantastic vessels! We’re looking for dedicated individuals to join them as upholsterers!
As part of the refurbishment Team Upholsters are responsible for assisting with the general upkeep and maintenance of guest and crew areas in regards to carpentry, wall coverings and soft furnishings.
Joining Carnival as an upholsterer is the first step towards a rewarding career on board their Fun ships!
- Organizes work in a systematic way to reduce overall impact and disruption to guest/ ships environment.
- Ensures that sufficient materials are available to complete routine tasks, passing requisitions to appropriate on board management to order materials as required.
- Reupholsters and varnishes ships furnishing as and when required to maintain overall standards in all guest and crew areas.
- Repairs broken furniture as required to ensure ships service levels do not suffer.
- Assists Housekeeping on turnaround days for emergency maintenance inside staterooms and suites. (loose hinges, scratches on furniture, silicon in showers/ bathtubs, etc.)
- Maintains an accurate inventory of all fabrics, tools available on board
- Installs carpets and wall paper when required
- Assists guests with repairing broken luggage, bags, shoes etc. as required by the Guest Services Manager
- Responsible for purchasing and ordering materials and tools required to perform assigned duties
- Participated in all safety trainings and drills
Experience and Education:
- Preferred Education: High School Diploma and Technical Training
- Certification: Basic Training (PST+PSSR+FAID+FFB)
- Required Working Experience: +2 years in the field