To provide a friendly and professional service to the guests in the buffet service area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of becoming “the world’s ultimate premium
cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in
accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and
SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service
venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well
as through Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional
and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions
with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and
2. Will be assigned a station in the buffet restaurant and will be required to promptly
replenish the food and beverages in the buffet line.
3. Reports for duty at assigned times and follows his/her supervisor’s instructions
according to the company’s rules and regulations.
4. Duties include the cleaning of assigned working area following at all times the
United States Public Health rules and regulations.
5. Provides assistance with the transporting of the necessary stock from the main
storeroom to the buffet area.
6. Participates in a training program in order to develop his/her skills in order to be
considered for future promotions.
7. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s
standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
8. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as
9. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee
occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other
job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
- This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper
use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and
People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
- Minimum of three years food and beverage experience in an upscale
hotel, resort or cruise ship (shipboard experience preferred).
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency.
Internal Candidate Requirements:
In addition to the stated hiring requirements, internal candidates are required to
fulfill the following:
- Completion of one contract in a food and beverage capacity with a
performance rating of satisfactory or above.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret
written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive
instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in
emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms
and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to
receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the
lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.